The goal of the project was to ensure full and effective realization of human rights, and improvement and facilitation of the active and full participation of national minorities in the economic, cultural and social life of Croatian society, whilst preserving their own identity, culture and tradition.
The purpose of the project was to implement the necessary research, as well as analytical and educational activities, and to develop, establish and test the web based IT system intended for monitoring of the implementation of the Constitutional Law on the Rights of National Minorities, in order to ensure the prerequisites for active participation of National Minorities Councils in the following areas:
- Implementation of the monitoring of the Constitutional Act on the Rights of National Minorities, and
- Development of local communities in the Republic of Croatia
Within the project, the following results were achieved:
- Provided integrated GAP analysis of existing capacities and needs of councils and representatives of national minorities to monitor the implementation of the Constitutional Act on the Rights of National Minorities, creation of policies related to national minorities and cooperation with other stakeholders in local development
- Developed web-based IT system for monitoring the implementation of the Constitutional Law on the Rights of National Minorities
- Tested web site functionalities related to direct work with councils and representatives of national minorities
- Performed training for 100 Council Members and Representatives of National Minorities in five regional centres for their Capacity Building for Monitoring and Evaluation of the Constitutional Act on the Rights of National Minorities and Use of the developed web based IT system as a tool for monitoring the Constitutional Law on the Rights of National Minorities
- Developed, printed and distributed Handbook for Councils and National Minorities Representatives on Monitoring the Implementation of the Constitutional Act on the Rights of National Minorities and also on the Advisory Role of National Minority Councils and Local Cooperation for Community Development for all registered councils and representatives of national minorities in the Republic of Croatia
During the project, Teched was responsible for design, development and implementation of IT system based on web technologies. After the IT system was implemented, it was tested in cooperation of end-users. Teched’s experts participated in drafting training materials, as well las in training delivery.